Kitchen, Essential,Cooking basics, washing machine, dishwasher, oven, microwave, fridge, freezer, coffee maker, Bed linen,
towels (weekly change), Veranda, garden, sunbed, barbecue
A Holiday Unique of Its Kind!
Villa Lavanda is located between Umbria and Tuscany, It has a breathtaking view of the green Umbrian hills
Choose Your Favorite Date and Book Your Next Holiday
Villa Lavanda is a self catering holiday rental farmhouse villa with private pool on the Tuscany Umbria border.
The perfect place to relax and enjoy a luxury holiday in privacy, space and comfort.
Encounter the rural culture of this charming undiscovered region of Italy in an authentic stone villa, with pool, that has been renovated to the highest standards to create a genuine home from home.
Formerly a farmhouse, the villa has been beautifully restored to blend terracotta floors and wooden beams
with quality furnishings and equipment to create a house which has kept its traditional charm while responding to modern needs for space, comfort and style for an unforgettable holiday in Tuscany and Umbria
This is not just a self catering holiday villa!
Enjoy your own 10 acre estate to roam with olive trees, wild meadows, and woodland walks amongst oak, chestnut, pine and cypress. This is country life in Italy at its best. You may even see eagles, deer or porcupine or hear the sound of a wild boar.
The accommodation is on two floors:
On the ground floor you’ll find:
- The kitchen opens on two sides to terraces, one of which overlooks the dining terrace towards the pool. The kitchen is spacious and very well equipped with all modern conveniences with terracotta and old hand painted tiles.
- The Dining Room with an architect designed fireplace, a large extendable table and an efficient wood burning stove for cooler days and evenings. Seating for 10, high chair available
- The Lounge large comfortable is a great place to get together socially or for special meetings. It can be a cool spot to have a mid day snooze or read a good book or the place for family and friends to gather, to chat, listen to music, watch a good film, plan tomorrow, or just do nothing. Adults and children will find a supply of books, games, jigsaws, DVD’s and videos. seating for 10,
- 1 large fully tiled bathroom with wet room shower.
On the first floor you’ll find:
- 1 Master/family room ensuite,
- 1 double,
- 3 twins, all twins can convert to king size double
- 3 bathrooms, 2 ensuite (1 ensuite with bath, 1 ensuite with shower, 1 with shower)
The five individually designed bedrooms have herringbone terracotta tiled floors, beams, antique furniture, good quality throws and cushions, comfy beds, crisp cotton sheets, and feather pillows (hypoallergenic pillows available).
We provide towels (not pool) and duvets for autumn and winter.
Each bedroom enjoys a different view of the panorama. The master bedroom has the feature of a doorway on to a veranda and an outdoor staircase leading down to the east terrace.
All windows have integral fly screens and shutters
There is a main outdoor terrace with dining table and seating and other terraces for morning and afternoon sun, (20 garden chairs), balcony to master bedroom.
Barbecue, Table Tennis table, garden and land to wander in, parking for 3 cars by the house.
The large swimming pool (12m x 6m) is secluded, private and well equipped with comfortable 10 sundowners and umbrellas and benefits from the sun all day long for long lazy days making this the ideal place for the focus of your day.
There is outdoor lighting for a midnight dip.
The garden has been recently landscaped.
Near to the house there are south facing terraces with a mixture of hard landscaping in stone and gravel
as well as grassed areas for sitting out which have been planted with roses, lavender, wisteria, pomegranate, rosemary, thyme, sage, grasses, geraniums, bougainvillea, passionflower and many more wonderful plants typical of this area of Italy.
You must spend at least one night stargazing there is no light pollution here and the stars on a clear night are spectacular.
In the barn you’ll find washing machine, dryer, clothes racks,
In the neighborhood of Umbria and Tuscany there are a lot of medieval hilltop villages and towns to visit: Monte Santa Maria Tiberina, Montone, Citerna or Anghiari.
The most famous Umbrian and Tuscany cities (Assisi, Perugia, Gubbio, Spello, Lake Trasimeno, Arezzo, Cortona, Siena, Florence) are all within an hour drive from the house.
There are various local festivals and events throughout the year, many with a food theme: these are good opportunities to get a feel with local culture.
Every day, in a different town near the house, there is a local market where you can find
- organic vegetables, from local farm
- Porchetta, the typical Umbrian roasted pig (It’s a must you can’t absolutely miss!!),
- pecorino cheese, produced by local cheesemaker
- sausages and salami produced by local butcher
- and much more
You can plan your own holiday itinerary, but if you need any suggestions and/or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me. I’ll arrange any type of Italian experiences and services you might require.